Sunday, May 15, 2011

verano, l'été, estate, aestas....

Summer; a sweet word to many.

There are a lot of things that I can say about summer. For one, a break from classes. For another, I finally have time to read a book that I am NOT required to analyze, discuss, or write a paper on. I can sit and read at whatever pace I please. Summer, for me, means no more 630 am wake-up-calls from my alarm clock, because I have an 8am class to drag myself out of bed for. Summer means that I can stay up late with my friends, doing whatever and wherever....as long as we don't have to work early the next morning (although, I'm sure a couple of exceptions will be made...).

Summer means relaxation, meditation, and reflection. Time to take a break from the busyness of life and spend time with not just others, but with oneself.

Summer means my Birthday! :) Faire la fete!

Summer means early morning sunrises, hot summer nights, and more time during the day to play at the beach, (hopefully) getting a tan. Sunny afternoons spent shopping will certainly be an occurrence, and doing more of the things that I love, with the people that I love, will be something that I hope I never take for granted either.

I have no idea what is to come of this summer. It is still (very) young. I am sure mistakes will be made, laughter will be shared, and tears could quite possibly be shed. But I hope that by the time September comes along, I can have new stories to tell, more friends to share laughs with, and memories that will last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment