Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"With love, with patience and with faith, she'll make her way"

I am smiling from ear to ear today, there is no better way to describe my excitement today other than saying that I am just about the happiest that I have been in a very long time.

The past couple of weeks have had me in a frenzy, running around in every direction, and very stressed. Let me just say, that is certainly not going to change for at least the next week, since it is midterm season. On the bright side my friends, all of that stress and freaking out and uncertainty has (so far) paid off, and today is a day that I will never forget. I am published.

Here's the background story:

Last December I learned of a few openings at the Minnesota Daily, the student-run newspaper at the U of M. I wasn't sure if I should apply or not, this was mostly in fear of not getting the job. But with some encouragement from family and friends, I went ahead and did it anyways. What did I have to lose?! Long story short, I had a couple different interviews, but since I am not a Journalism student, I lost the job to those who were. I was okay with this though, I knew I interviewed well and was honest and true to who I was--both in person and in the writing I submitted. Then, a few weeks ago, I got a call from The Daily! They wanted me to submit another application for a couple of spots that had RE-OPENED up. So I applied, I interviewed, and I waited to hear back from who is NOW my editor. :)

So, here I am. I am sitting in the library with my backpack (which is stuffed with about 15 copies of the daily) TRYING to contain my giddiness while also trying to ignore the looks I am getting from the guy sitting next to me, because I am basically jumping around in my chair...the coffee I had this morning might not be helping the situation either (nothing new there though).

Today is a big day. And for those of you who are curious.. here is a link to the Daily's website. I have conveniently (he he) navigated to MY column for you to read. But, feel free to look at other articles as well, there is some good stuff in there today!

http://www.mndaily.com/2011/03/08/ultimate-spring-break-checklist

xoxo,
Courtney

1 comment:

  1. Spectacular is one of my favorite words. It most certainly applies to your newspaper article and this awesome blog site. Way to go, Courtney. Thanks for sharing it with me. Cheers!!! Linda

    ReplyDelete